There’s no denying that Ahrefs is one of the most popular and widely-utilized SEO tools on the market. It offers a plethora of features for studying competitors, building links, conducting keyword research, checking websites for SEO issues, researching popular content, and tracking rankings.
However, it’s not the only tool available, and there are several Ahrefs alternatives that offer similar or even better features.
In this article, we’ll take a look at eight of the best Ahrefs alternatives and their pros and cons.
8 Best Ahrefs Alternatives
Pros of SEMrush
SEMrush is an all-in-one SEO tool that helps businesses of all sizes improve their online visibility. Here are some of the pros of using SEMrush:
- Keyword Research: SEMrush provides a comprehensive keyword research tool that helps businesses identify the most relevant keywords for their niche. The tool also provides information on the search volume, competition, and cost-per-click for each keyword.
- Competitor Analysis: SEMrush allows businesses to analyze their competitors’ online presence, including their website traffic, backlinks, and top-performing keywords. This information can help businesses identify gaps in their own strategy and develop a more effective plan.
- Site Audit: SEMrush’s site audit tool helps businesses identify technical SEO issues on their website, including broken links, missing meta tags, and slow loading times. The tool provides a prioritized list of issues and recommendations for fixing them.
- Social Media Management: SEMrush offers a social media management tool that allows businesses to schedule and publish posts on multiple social media platforms, as well as track their performance.
Cons of SEMrush
While SEMrush offers a wide range of features, there are also some drawbacks to consider:
- Learning Curve: SEMrush can be overwhelming for new users, and there is a learning curve involved in mastering all of its features. However, the platform offers extensive documentation and support to help users get up to speed.
- Cost: SEMrush is not the cheapest SEO tool on the market, and its pricing plans may be too expensive for small businesses or individuals. However, the platform does offer a free trial and a range of subscription options to suit different budgets.
- Limited Backlink Analysis: While SEMrush offers some backlink analysis features, it is not as comprehensive as some other tools like Ahrefs. This may be a drawback for businesses that place a high emphasis on link building.
Moz Pro is a popular SEO tool that offers features like keyword research, site audits, and backlink analysis. It is an alternative to Ahrefs that is used by many marketers and SEO professionals.
Pros of Moz Pro
- Keyword Explorer: Moz Pro has a robust keyword research tool that provides keyword suggestions, search volume, and difficulty scores. It also offers features like SERP analysis and the ability to track keyword rankings over time.
- Site Crawl: Moz Pro’s site crawl tool can help identify technical SEO issues like broken links, duplicate content, and missing meta tags. It also provides suggestions for improving site speed and mobile-friendliness.
- Link Explorer: Moz Pro’s backlink analysis tool allows users to see the backlinks pointing to their website and their competitors’ websites. It provides metrics like Domain Authority and Page Authority to help users understand the quality of the backlinks.
Cons of Moz Pro
- Limited Keyword Tracking: Moz Pro’s basic package only allows for 10,000 tracked keywords, which may not be enough for larger websites or agencies. Users need to upgrade to a higher package to get more keyword tracking.
- Limited Backlink Analysis: Moz Pro’s link explorer only provides data for the top 10,000 backlinks, which may not be enough for larger websites or agencies. Users need to upgrade to a higher package to get more backlink analysis.
- No Social Media Analytics: Unlike Ahrefs, Moz Pro does not offer social media analytics, which may be a drawback for some users who want to track their social media performance.
Overall, Moz Pro is a solid alternative to Ahrefs that offers features like keyword research, site audits, and backlink analysis. However, it may not be the best option for users who need more keyword tracking or backlink analysis.
Serpstat is a cloud-based SEO tool that offers an array of features, including keyword research, competitor analysis, and site audit. It is a popular Ahrefs alternative that provides an affordable pricing plan for small businesses.
Pros of Serpstat
- Affordable Pricing: Serpstat is a cost-effective alternative to Ahrefs, with plans starting at $59 per month. This makes it an excellent option for small businesses or individuals who don’t have a large budget for SEO tools.
- Keyword Research: Serpstat offers an extensive keyword database, including search volume, competition, and related keywords. Users can also track keyword rankings and identify lucrative opportunities.
- Competitor Analysis: The tool provides insights into competitors’ top-performing keywords, backlinks, and advertising strategies. This information can help users create a more effective SEO strategy.
- Site Audit: Serpstat offers a comprehensive site audit feature that identifies technical SEO issues and provides recommendations for improvement. This feature can help users improve their website’s search engine ranking.
Cons of Serpstat
- Limited Backlink Data: Serpstat’s backlink database is not as extensive as Ahrefs, which can limit the scope of competitor analysis and link building opportunities.
- Limited Integrations: Serpstat has limited integrations with other tools, which can make it difficult to incorporate into existing workflows.
- Less User-Friendly: Some users have reported that Serpstat’s interface is less intuitive and user-friendly than Ahrefs. This can make it more challenging for new users to navigate and utilize all of its features.
Overall, Serpstat is a cost-effective alternative to Ahrefs that offers a range of features, including keyword research, competitor analysis, and site audit. While it may have some limitations, it is still an excellent option for small businesses or individuals with a limited budget.
Majestic is a popular SEO tool that provides comprehensive backlink data and analysis. It offers a range of features that can help users improve their website’s search engine rankings. Here are some of the pros and cons of using Majestic as an Ahrefs alternative.
Pros of Majestic
- Backlink Analysis: Majestic offers a powerful backlink analysis tool that provides detailed information about a website’s backlink profile. Users can view metrics such as referring domains, backlink types, and anchor text distribution. Majestic also provides a unique metric called “Trust Flow,” which measures the quality and trustworthiness of a website’s backlinks.
- Competitive Analysis: Majestic allows users to compare their website’s backlink profile with those of their competitors. This can help users identify areas where they need to improve their backlink strategy and find new opportunities for link building.
- Customizable Reports: Majestic offers customizable reports that allow users to create detailed reports on their website’s backlink profile. Users can choose from a variety of report templates and customize them to include the data they need.
Cons of Majestic
- Interface: Majestic’s interface may not be as intuitive for beginners as Ahrefs. It can take some time to learn how to use all the features effectively.
- Pricing: Majestic’s pricing starts at $49.99 per month, which is lower than Ahrefs’ starting price of $99 per month. However, some users may find Majestic’s pricing structure confusing, as it offers different pricing plans based on the number of analysis units used.
- Limited Features: While Majestic offers a range of features, some users may find that it does not offer as many features as Ahrefs. For example, Majestic does not offer a keyword research tool like Ahrefs does.
Overall, Majestic can be a good alternative to Ahrefs for users who are primarily interested in backlink analysis. However, users who need a more comprehensive SEO tool that includes features like keyword research may want to consider other alternatives.
SpyFu is a popular SEO tool that provides insights into your competitors’ keywords, ad campaigns, and backlinks. It offers a user-friendly interface and a range of useful features that can help you improve your SEO strategy. However, it has its own set of pros and cons.
Pros of SpyFu
- Competitor Analysis: SpyFu excels at competitor analysis, allowing you to spy on your competitors’ keywords, ad campaigns, and backlinks. You can use this information to improve your own SEO strategy and gain a competitive advantage.
- Keyword Research: SpyFu provides a comprehensive keyword research tool that allows you to find profitable keywords and uncover keyword gaps. You can also see the search volume, CPC, and difficulty level of each keyword.
- PPC Research: SpyFu provides valuable insights into your competitors’ PPC campaigns, including their ad copy, ad spend, and performance metrics. You can use this information to optimize your own PPC campaigns and improve your ROI.
- Custom Reports: SpyFu allows you to create custom reports that provide a snapshot of your SEO performance. You can choose from a range of templates and customize them to meet your specific needs.
Cons of SpyFu
- Limited Backlink Data: SpyFu’s backlink database is not as extensive as Ahrefs or SEMrush, which can limit your ability to conduct in-depth backlink analysis.
- Limited Site Audit: SpyFu’s site audit tool is not as comprehensive as other SEO tools, which can make it difficult to identify and fix technical SEO issues.
- Limited Local SEO Tools: SpyFu’s local SEO tools are limited, which can be a drawback if you’re focused on improving your local search visibility.
Overall, SpyFu is a useful SEO tool that provides valuable insights into your competitors’ keywords, ad campaigns, and backlinks. While it has some limitations, it’s a great option for businesses that are just getting started with SEO or have a limited budget.
SE Ranking is a popular SEO tool that provides a comprehensive set of features for analyzing competitors, performing keyword research, checking for SEO issues, researching popular content, and tracking rankings. Here are some pros and cons of using SE Ranking as an alternative to Ahrefs.
Pros of SE Ranking
- Affordable pricing: SE Ranking offers a range of pricing plans to fit different budgets, starting from as low as $44/month. This makes it a great option for small businesses or individuals who are just starting out with SEO.
- User-friendly interface: SE Ranking has a clean and intuitive interface that is easy to navigate. This makes it a great choice for those who are new to SEO and may not be familiar with all the technical jargon.
- Comprehensive keyword research: SE Ranking’s keyword research tool provides a wealth of information, including search volume, keyword difficulty, and related keywords. This makes it easy to identify profitable keywords to target for your SEO campaigns.
- Competitor analysis: SE Ranking allows you to analyze your competitors’ websites to see what keywords they are ranking for, where their backlinks are coming from, and more. This information can help you identify areas where you can improve your own SEO strategy.
Cons of SE Ranking
- Limited backlink analysis: While SE Ranking does provide some information on backlinks, it is not as comprehensive as what you would get with Ahrefs. This may make it difficult to fully understand your backlink profile and identify areas where you need to improve.
- Limited data for low-volume keywords: SE Ranking’s keyword research tool may not provide as much data for low-volume keywords as other tools. This can make it difficult to find profitable long-tail keywords to target.
- Limited integrations: SE Ranking does not integrate with as many third-party tools as Ahrefs, which may be a drawback for those who rely on other tools for their SEO campaigns.
Overall, SE Ranking is a solid alternative to Ahrefs for those who are looking for an affordable and user-friendly SEO tool. While it may not provide as much data as Ahrefs in certain areas, it still offers a comprehensive set of features that can help you improve your SEO strategy.
Buzzsumo is a content research and discovery tool that helps users find the most shared and engaging content on social media platforms. It provides insights into what content is resonating with audiences, making it a valuable tool for content marketers, social media managers, and SEO professionals.
Pros of Buzzsumo
- Content Discovery: Buzzsumo has a large database of content that can be searched by topic, keyword, or domain. Users can filter results by date, language, country, and content type (e.g., articles, videos, infographics). This makes it easy to find popular content in a particular niche or industry.
- Competitor Analysis: Buzzsumo allows users to analyze their competitors’ content and social media performance. This can help users identify gaps in their own content strategy and find opportunities to improve their social media presence.
- Influencer Identification: Buzzsumo has a feature that allows users to find influencers in their industry or niche. Users can filter influencers by location, topic, and reach. This can help users find potential collaborators or influencers to partner with.
Cons of Buzzsumo
- Limited Features: Buzzsumo’s features are primarily focused on content discovery and social media analysis. It lacks some of the advanced SEO features found in other tools like Ahrefs and SEMrush.
- Pricing: Buzzsumo’s pricing plans are relatively expensive compared to other content research tools. The cheapest plan starts at $199 per month, which may be too expensive for some small businesses or individuals.
- Data Accuracy: Some users have reported inaccuracies in Buzzsumo’s data, particularly with regards to social media shares. While Buzzsumo tries to provide the most accurate data possible, users should always double-check the data before making any decisions based on it.
Overall, Buzzsumo is a useful tool for content marketers and social media managers who want to stay on top of the latest trends and find engaging content to share with their audiences. However, it may not be the best choice for users who need more advanced SEO features or who have a limited budget.
Ubersuggest is another popular Ahrefs alternative that offers a wide range of features for SEO analysis. It is a powerful tool for keyword research, content analysis, and backlink analysis. It is also known for its user-friendly interface and affordable pricing.
Pros of Ubersuggest
- Affordable: Ubersuggest is very affordable and even offers a free plan which makes it a great option if you’re just starting out.
- Keyword Research: The tool provides extensive keyword suggestions, search volume, and keyword difficulty analysis, assisting users in identifying valuable keywords to target.
- Content Ideas: Ubersuggest provides content ideas based on the top-performing articles for any given keyword, helping users create content that is likely to perform well.
- Backlink Analysis: Ubersuggest also offers a backlink analysis feature that allows users to see their own backlinks as well as those of their competitors.
Cons of Ubersuggest
- Limited Features: While Ubersuggest offers a wide range of features, it is not as comprehensive as Ahrefs in terms of the number of features and data provided.
- Limited Data: The free version of Ubersuggest provides limited data, which may not be sufficient for advanced SEO analysis.
- Inaccurate Data: Some users have reported inaccurate data in Ubersuggest, particularly in terms of search volume and keyword difficulty.
- Limited Historical Data: Ubersuggest does not provide historical data for keywords, which may make it difficult to track changes in search volume and keyword difficulty over time.
Overall, Ubersuggest is a great option for those looking for an affordable and user-friendly SEO tool. While it may not offer the same level of comprehensive data as Ahrefs, it provides a solid set of features for keyword research, content analysis, and backlink analysis.
There are several Ahrefs alternatives available in the market that offer a variety of features at different price points. Each tool has its own set of pros and cons that can help businesses make an informed decision based on their specific needs and budget.
For those looking for a comprehensive SEO tool, SEMrush and Moz Pro are excellent options. SEMrush offers an extensive suite of features, including keyword research, backlink analysis, and site audits. Moz Pro, on the other hand, focuses on link building, keyword research, and rank tracking.
For businesses on a budget, Ubersuggest and SERPStat offer affordable alternatives to Ahrefs. Ubersuggest provides keyword data and content ideas, while SERPStat offers a complete set of SEO tools at half the price of Ahrefs.
For those looking for a tool with a focus on backlink analysis, Majestic and LinkMiner are great options. Majestic offers a massive database of backlinks and a range of other SEO features, while LinkMiner provides a simple yet effective backlink analysis tool.
Lastly, for those looking for a desktop-based SEO tool, SEO PowerSuite is a great option. It offers a range of features, including rank tracking, backlink analysis, and site audits.
Overall, each of these Ahrefs alternatives has its own strengths and weaknesses. By considering the specific needs of their business and budget, users can choose the tool that best fits their requirements.
An Results Driven SEO and Digital Assets Builder